Why intern for the World Affairs Council of San Antonio?
An internship with the World Affairs Council of San Antonio offers a career development opportunity with a unique perspective on current geopolitical events, how they impact San Antonio and the United States, as well as valuable insight and exposure to the workings within our international community. While working closely with the Council’s leadership on major projects, interns will build skills in event & program planning, marketing & communication, and organization management. Our internships also provide a great opportunity for interns to develop their own network among San Antonio’s most prominent international leaders. Many of our interns have gone on to careers in the public and private sectors and used their Council experience to work on international and national projects.
How do I apply?
World Affairs Council of San Antonio internships must be supported by a professor. Please submit your resume to our Executive Director, Leslie Palmer, at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief recommendation from your professor. We will contact you after reviewing your application.
What kind of roles are available for interns?
Interns are a critical part of the World Affairs Council of San Antonio. Interns contribute to our mission while gaining hands-on work experience in the following areas:
- Leadership: Board of Trustees, external relations, education
- Advancement: membership, sponsorship, philanthropy
- Special Events: International Citizen of the Year Award Dinner
- Communications/Marketing/Public Relations: digital & print, website, social media
- Programs: research, planning & logistics including Young Professionals
- Administration: data management, reservations and registration, operations, and finance
Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential. Self-starting ability, detail-oriented focus, and strong follow-up skills are also critical.
* Please note internships with the World Affairs Council of San Antonio are unpaid. However, we do support academic credit for the internship. Please contact Leslie at email@example.com or (210) 308-9494 with any questions.