Why intern for the World Affairs Council of San Antonio?
An internship with the World Affairs Council of San Antonio offers a career development opportunity with a unique perspective on current geopolitical events, how they impact San Antonio and the United States, as well as valuable insight and exposure to the workings within our international community. While working closely with the Council’s leadership on major projects, interns will build skills in event & program planning, marketing & communication, and organization management. Our internships also provide a great opportunity for interns to develop their own network among San Antonio’s most prominent international leaders. Many of our interns have gone on to careers in the public and private sectors and used their Council experience to work on international and national projects.
What kind of roles are available for interns?
Interns are a critical part of the World Affairs Council of San Antonio. Students contribute to our mission while gaining hands-on work experience in the following internships:
- Education Programs: assist with educational outreach, organization of high school and college programming, and work with educators to bring international education to San Antonio students.
- Fund Development and Communications: assists with fundraising, grant writing, and donor relations. Also assists with media relations including press releases.
- Communications and Membership: assists with managing council social media and email presence, as well as assists with managing the membership database.
- Events: assisting with research, planning & logistics around Council events including Young Professionals and General Programming.
Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential for all internships. Having strong initiative, focus, and follow-up skills are also critical.
How do I apply?
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and two references to our Program Manager, Olivia Morales Gomez, at firstname.lastname@example.org with brief recommendations from one or more of your professors.
We will contact you after reviewing your application.
Fall 2019 Internship
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter
- 2-3 References
- One recommendation letter from a professor.
Begins week of August 19, 2019 ends week of December, 2019.
Fall semester interns are expected to commit between 12 and 15 hours per week.
Deadline to apply: Friday, August 9, 2019.
* Please note internships with the World Affairs Council of San Antonio are unpaid. However, we do support academic credit for the internship. Please contact Olivia Morales Gomez at email@example.com (210) 308-9494 with any questions.