Teachers! Start preparing your teams to participate in Academic WorldQuest 2019 on March 27th at Rackspace.
Academic WorldQuest™ is a flagship youth education program of the national network of World Affairs Councils. It is a team competition testing high school students’ knowledge of international affairs. In the competition, four-person teams compete by answering multiple-choice questions divided into ten unique and engaging thematic categories. The National Competition is supported by San Antonians Carlos and Malu Alvarez.
There are benefits for all students who participate!
- Prepares for future international studies and careers in the global economy
- Topics are compatible with and enhance the study of many existing curriculums and AP courses
- Possibility of attending National Competition Weekend in Washington, DC
- Contributes to the national Common Core State Standards Initiative by fostering reading comprehension skills for informational text.
It’s easy to coach a team (or three!):
- Assemble a team of 4 students (up to 3 teams per school).
- Fill out registration form attached or visit wacofsa.org.
- Attend the local competition on March 27, 2019.
- If your team wins, attend the welcome reception at the National Competition in Washington, DC.
Click below for access to:
2019 AWQ FLYER & REGISTRATION FORM
Questions? Contact 210-308-9494 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Country in Focus: Qatar
- How to Deal with North Korea
- Global Refugee and Migration Crisis
- #WeAreNATO – The Alliance at 70
- Great Decisions (2018 Foreign Policy Association publication)
- Japan – U.S. Relations
- Space Policy
- World Trade Organization (WTO)
- Bridging Divides to Build Peace
- Current Events (from August 2018 to the day of the compition)
- Start studying early! Some teams start studying five months in advance of the competition.
- Divide and conquer the material amongst your teammates.
- Hold mock-competitions at your JWAC meetings.
- Keep up-to-date on current events from around the world.
- Include the latest edition of the Great Decisions publication in your study materials.
- Review the Academic WorldQuest guidelines and study materials.
- Read the articles listed in the study materials.