2017 Southwest Fulbright Symposium
To view a PDF version of this information, please click here.
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS – 2017 Southwest Fulbright Symposium
Saturday, September 30, 2017 from 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
San Antonio, TX—UTSA Downtown Campus, Durango Building
Abstracts due by August 1, 2017
San Antonio Fulbright Association
Mexico Center, University of Texas at San Antonio Downtown Campus
and World Affairs Council of San Antonio
SYMPOSIUM MISSION STATEMENT
The Southwest Fulbright Symposium, originated by the San Antonio Fulbright Association, is dedicated to promoting international educational and cultural exchange to foster a global network of all internationalists, including but not limited to, Fulbright Alumni.
Share your research and perspectives with colleagues in roundtable discussions with other presenters and colleagues.
Suggested presentation topics include, but are not limited to:
- International case studies
- Faculty &/or student international projects
- Unusual international experiences (including parts that went wrong)
- International successes in one’s career (previous or hoped-for)
- International institutional work (academic, NGO, or mission based)
- Critical analysis of global events
- Perspectives on emerging issues of global interest
- Other international topics to enlighten and share with colleagues
Presenters need not be Fulbright Alumni. Academicians, students, and professionals with international interests and experiences are encouraged to submit proposal abstracts.
All presenters accepted (whether Fulbright Alumni or not) are required to be members of the National Fulbright Association (Choose “San Antonio Chapter” while online) as of August 15, 2017. Join at any membership level online.
Presentations are made in a seated roundtable discussion format and will be timed for 20-minute rotations. Announcements will alert presenter changes to allow attendees to switch tables in order to discuss topics of interest by time segment. Electrical outlets and data projectors will not be available. Please bring ten copies of your printed handout and plan to show any other information at your roundtable on your personal (battery-ready) laptop. WIFI will be available!
PEER REVIEW OF ALL SUBMISSIONS
All submissions will be peer reviewed by academic members of the Program Committee. Timely responses are envisioned to all submissions.
Saturday, September 30, 2017
8:00 to 11:45 a.m.—Roundtable Presentations & Discussions in Southwest Room
11:45 a.m. to Noon—Break for lunch in Southwest Room
Noon to 1:30—Lunch and Keynote Presentation
SUBMISSION DEADLINE—August 1, 2017
Click the link below to complete the submission form online:
Registration and Pre-Payment Deadlines: August 15, 2017
Please mail names of attendees and appropriate payment amount to:
Dr. Tracie Edmond
San Antonio, TX 78209
- $50.00 – Regular Program Participant Registration for accepted program presenters. Includes entire program, box lunch and Keynote Presentation.
- $35.00 – Student Registration for full-time student program presenters. Includes all aspects of the Regular Registration.
- $35.00 – Guest Registration for all others not on the program. Includes all aspects of the Regular Registration
Dr. Pat LeMay Burr, Dr. Trey Guinn, Dr. Andy Hill, Dr. Sammye Johnson, Dr. Lydia Kualapai, Dr. Robert Kunczt, Dr. Brian McBurnett. Ms. Olivia Mogollon, Dr. Margit Nagy, Dr. Dan Ratliff, Dr. Harriett Romo
Contact: Dr. Pat LeMay Burr, Program Chair: email@example.com